Monday, September 21, 2009

Fun with Scribblenauts: Bioterrorist Savior :-P

I got Scribblenauts yesterday, and I'm having a blast with it. It is everything it was hyped to be, and then some. I wanted to post about a particular level I just solved and the interesting outcome.

So, in Scribblnauts there are two types of levels: puzzle levels and action levels. The level in question was a puzzle level. Basically, a scenarion is given to you, with a hint that tells you what you need to do in order to make the 'starite' appear (which is just a star you need to collect to complete the level). In this case, there was a soccer goal, a goalie, and a referee. The hint given was "Score!". Now, the guy protecting the goal was like the best of all time... no matter how you shoot the soccer ball (which you need to summon), he always blocks the shot. It's obvious at this point I have to get rid of this guy. I could summon a gun and shoot him... but you get merit badges for solving puzzles in certain ways, in particular, without killing... so I don't want to kill him.

After some though I decide to summon "Chloroform". As expected, when I use it on the goalie he passes out. But when I shoot he wakes up and blocks the shot! (I think this was probably a glitch in the game, where they forgot to code in that being asleep overrides the behavior of blocking the shot). But I just use the chloroform on him again, and he passes out inside the goal, with ball in his hands... solved!

The funny thing happened in the next screen where you get the summary of how you did, and your merit badges. As I expected, I got the "savior" badge for not killing the goalie... but I also got the "Bioterrorist" badge for using chloroform! :-P It was just really funny how the game tagged me a "Bioterrorist Savior" :-)

These are just the kind of experiences that make this game special. If you own a DS, this is a must have title! :-)

No comments: