Friday, August 21, 2009

Creatine Kinase up... moving

So, at this point I'm close to the moving day. Come the 31st I'll be leaving Kansas, and moving to California... boy am I going to miss Kansas! I can't believe it's been 8 years since I got here... but what's more difficult to accept is that I'm leaving.

I am used to moving a lot. I was commenting to a friend that I have never lived in the same place for more than 8 years. And so the cycle starts again. Something tells me that my stay in California will be even shorter, but who knows? maybe this will be it :-) Anyways, as much as I am used to the moving, it is always hard leaving a place. And I really love this town (Manhattan, the Little Apple). I will miss everything. I will miss what is now, and won't be afterwards. I will miss the people. I will miss the weather. I will miss my friends...

All that said... I am also extremely happy! See, about a year from now, my wife and kids moved to California, and I stayed behind. It's been a tough year... being away from my kids is about one of the toughest things I've had to endure. Also, this was the year my health deteriorated. So, I am really happy to re-join my family! :-) Ten more days, and we will all be together, like should have always been...

Aside from all this, today I'm a little bummed. One of the things I had to do for the moving was getting my medical records, for when I get a new doctor over there. These included my latest lab results, which have the latest Creatine Kinase numbers. Well... it was up. Up as in right on the range where it starts being an issue. If you have been following this blog, you may recall that the doctors had me on a tapering down regime for the Prednisone. Well, at this point I'm on 20mg every other day. These results may mean the current low dose is allowing the disease to reappear... but I don't want to get ahead of myself. Right now, I feel OK, so I'll just go from there...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey man...we'll all miss you, but we'll definitely be in touch :)