Sunday, February 22, 2009

Auto-Immune Myositis

So, I have been diagnosed with Auto-Immune Myositis, most likely to be Polymyositis. I am back after at home after 3 weeks in the hospital, where I underwent a bunch of tests to find out what was going on.

I guess from this point on starts my fight with this disease, which I've learned can be very unforgiving. In my case it has presented with involvement of the lungs and bones, to make things a bit more interesting. In the case of the lungs, I was found to have Interstitial Pulmonary Fibrosis. In the case of the bones, well, I was found to have Osteoporosis. All this at the age of 31...

I don't know exactly how I feel about all this. I don't know if I'm scared, or angry... I don't know if I feel optimistic or pessimistic... one thing is for sure: there's a lot of uncertainty in my head. I wonder about the path that lies ahead of me, how's it going to be? What's going to happen? How will I be one year from now? Two years from now? How is this going to change my life?...

I don't think I'm angry or scared. I've never been one to sulk into things I can't change or control. I'm under treatment and well... I'll just try to keep moving forward.

Keep moving forward...

No comments: